cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpramesh2212
Level 2

Parallel Install anywhere ant task

Hi

We have around 200 different drivers for which we need to build install anywhere installers?

At present we are using ant install anywhere installer task to build installer in sequence for all 200 drivers.

This takes 24 hours to complete.

However if we can run the installer creation process in loop this will take lot less time.

Hence could you please let me know if Install anywhere installer ant task supports running in parallel ?

<parallel>
<buildinstaller IAProjectFile="Master.iap2_xml" IALocation="${ia.dir}" BuildOutputLocation="Output" />
<buildinstaller IAProjectFile="Master.iap1_xml" IALocation="${ia.dir}" BuildOutputLocation="Output" />
<buildinstaller IAProjectFile="Master.iap4_xml" IALocation="${ia.dir}" BuildOutputLocation="Output" />
<buildinstaller IAProjectFile="Master.iap3_xml" IALocation="${ia.dir}" BuildOutputLocation="Output" />
</parallel>

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @kpramesh2212,

Thank you for your post.

Please allow me some time to research this issue and update you.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @kpramesh2212,

Thank you for your patience.

You should be able to perform parallel / concurrent builds simultaneously using InstallAnywhere. A best practice is to specify a different working directory for each build process using the ANT task BuildWorkdirLocation parameter as described in the documentation here:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installanywhere2018/roottopic.htm#helplibrary/ia_ref_ant_task.htm

If you experience any issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos

@Revenera_Ian wrote:

Hi @kpramesh2212,

Thank you for your patience.

You should be able to perform parallel / concurrent builds simultaneously using InstallAnywhere. A best practice is to specify a different working directory for each build process using the ANT task BuildWorkdirLocation parameter as described in the documentation here:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installanywhere2018/roottopic.htm#helplibrary/ia_ref_ant_task.htm google street view

If you experience any issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Ian

Thank you very much for your reply !! It is very valuable.

0 Kudos

Hi @ednalowe,

Thank you for your post.

You are very welcome! I am happy that I could help.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos