cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaa123
Level 3

Overwrite bundled JVM when launching the installer

Has anyone successfully done that? My installer bundles the JVM and we have an issues in the field that requires us to switch to a different JVM on the machine (higher version, but that is irrelevant here).

I've used install.exe -D$JAVA_HOME$=C:\jreblah and various permutation of that to no avail. I kept seeing the original JVM being extracted to temp, not the new one.

I am sure some of you have done this already. Maybe I did something wrong that someone can please point out?
Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

The only workaround I could think of is to have a small action in the post-install that would patch the references to the jvm file to be used in all the .lax files from the old JVM to the new one. But why not bundle the newer one for all installations?
0 Kudos
aaa123
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
The only workaround I could think of is to have a small action in the post-install that would patch the references to the jvm file to be used in all the .lax files from the old JVM to the new one. But why not bundle the newer one for all installations?

Thanks for answering. It's easy if we can refresh the installer, but we do not want to ship a newer version of the product/installer every time we have this need :-).
Anyone from Acresso cares to comment?
Thanks
0 Kudos
akarwal
Level 3

There is a command-line argument called LAX_VM which is used to force the installer to use a particular JVM on target machine e.g. on command prompt :-
install.exe LAX_VM \path\to\java.exe
0 Kudos