Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfromm1
Level 7

Overwrite bundled JVM install directory

Used version: IA 2011 SP3

Hi,

my installer installs the JVM into directory /_jvm
At JVM Settings -> Installer Settings I have set the option "Install Bundled".

I'd assume that the _jvm is always installed/overwritten, when the installer executes installation in the same directory.
But unfortunality the _jvm is not overwritten.

Any ideas to this?

--tf
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Yes, the JVM is replaced by new one as soon as you click "Install" button (so between the pre-install & install phases).

Maybe some external software is locking it? on which OS is this happening?

Does activating installer debugging display some useful traces?

--Jerome
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

It happens on all OSs. The log tells me only (I've translated the localized output)
install directory: /foo/bar/_jvm
additional hint: directory already exists

install JRE: /foo/bar/_jvm

But the files in the JRE are not changed.
My "Default File Overwrite Behaviour" is set to "always overwrite".

Meanwhile I tried to configure, that the _jvm should be installed in $INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR$ and then during Install I add actions to move the /foo/bar/_jvm to /foo/bar/_jvm.bak and copy the $INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR$$/$_jvm to /foo/bar/_jvm.
Unfortunality, the Move and Copy does not preserve the file permissions, so all execution bits gets lost. So Move and Copy are pretty useless in Unix environments without some kind of "preserve file permissions".

PS: I just recognized, that the Platforms -> Enable setting unix file permission was disabled, maybe this is the reason for loosing file permissions on copy/move.
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

The generated installer script worked on the path with the old _jvm version, sorry for that.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hi,

This is only installation traces, do you have more traces if you "export LAX_DEBUG=true" on the shell launching the Unix installer?

--Jerome
0 Kudos