cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthic
Level 4

Not logging in Button click

Hi..
I have written a simple test function in c++ using the __stdcall i have exported that function from the DLL.
And i have added that function as a Custom action in the ism(which is a Basic MSI project)
When i call the test function from the UI sequence or Execute sequence the functionalities are working properly and when it fails logging is properly done in the MSI log. Please note that i have used the MsiProcessMessage() to log in the MSI log
But the same function when called from the button click of Custom setup screen then logging is not taking place in MSI log.
Please note that to check if the function itself is called during the click event i have put some sample messag boxes, shockingly i am getting the sample message boxes and the control flows through the test function, but information or error is not logged in the msi log.

IS there any other way to do the logging from the function in dll. Please respond if you know..

Thanks.. have a great day..!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

Hello there! I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum here, this is InstallAnywhere 2009 and not InstallShield 2009. So I think you need to repost this here: http://community.acresso.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245 or ask an admin to move your post over there!
0 Kudos