cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaysy2
Level 4

Non-Latin languages issue for installer

Hi again!

I am trying to support a Korean language installer and I am having no luck getting the language option to show in the pull down list (none of the non-latin based ones are). I have chosen to include all languages from the Build -> Locales tab and I am using the Sun JRE 1.6.0_15 i18n Win32 VM (to be bundled with the installer).... any ideas on what I am missing? i18n is supposed to be the internationalized version....

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
richakamal
Level 4

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.
I found a thread on similar issue
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/archive/index.php?t-187326.html
I tries setting -Dlax.locales=all, but even then I am unable to list the Chinese, Korean, or other non-Latin languages in choose language panel.
Also, the installer is unable to display the license files for the non-Latin languages as mentioned in the above post.
It is unable to display license files with ANSI, Unicode or UTF-8 encoding for chinese, korean or Japanese languages.
Is there a solution for the same?

Thanks,
Richa.
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Can you please check if the machine you are testing has the korean / chinese support. Can you please test on a machine that is korean/chinese. I am sure you would get the korean / chinese.

All files are shown with UTF-8 encoding in IA.
0 Kudos
kaysy2
Level 4

Ok, so I sent the installer to one of our Korean counterparts. He tried to install in both Korean and Traditional Chinese and the non-latin languages still did not show in the pull down list...

Anyone have any other ideas?
0 Kudos
rajarajn
Level 5

Can you please ensure that the argument "-Dlax.locales=all" is mentioned in the "Project -> Config" Tab. If this additional arguments provided in the project file sure the dropwdown list show all the locales. And also please let us know which platforms you are trying like windows 7 , windows 2008 R2 etc for the further investigation.
0 Kudos
kaysy2
Level 4

That looks to be the issue 🙂 Will know for sure once I get the guys to take a look again.

Thanks!!
0 Kudos
kaysy2
Level 4

That was definitely it! Thanks again for all the help!! 😛
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

0 Kudos
davew12
Level 2

using the -Dlax.locales=all (in project->config) as additional arguments caused my installer to display all of the selected locales. Unfortunately, I still have some character rendering issues.

-dave
0 Kudos