Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillysoya
Level 3

MyInstaller quites unexpectedly!

I created a sample installer on Mac OS X 10.5.3 using InstallAnywhere,
if I enable the "Authentication" checkbox under:
Project | Platforms | Mac OS X and generate an installer. Once I run the installer, It reports "The application MyInstaller quit unexpectedly" !!!

The "Report ..." shows:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Code: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000.....

Note that if I uncheck the "Authentication" check box, all goes well!

Any idea's?
Thanks in advance,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

When you mean the "Authentication" box do you actually mean the Authentication section, "Requires an Administrator Name and Password to Install" which once checked also enables "Always Show Gui" or do you mean both of them?!?
0 Kudos
jillysoya
Level 3

Yes indeed I mean the authentication section.
An I checked both.

I tried to install the application on another Mac OS X 10.5 but got the same error. 😞
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

And I assume you're attempting the installation as a regular user right?
0 Kudos
jillysoya
Level 3

Hi pv7721,

I tried both, regular user right, user with admin rights and even if logged in as root!!

As soon as I check the "Requires an Administrator ...." check box, this will result to quit with the messagebox ... quites unexpectedly !!

Attached two files, the XML project sample, a very simple project that installs readme.txt to the Applications/My_Product directory. and the install.zip file.

If I uncheck the Authentication checkbox it works.
If I check it, it gives an error.

Hope that anyone have a solution for this.
It starts getting annoying.

Thanks in advance!

pv7721 wrote:
And I assume you're attempting the installation as a regular user right?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I've noticed you're using IA 8.0.1; albeit I couldn't find anything specific in the Release Notes concerning such an issue being fixed in IA 2008 or IA 2008 Value Pack 1, if I were you I would try these two more recent versions in order to see if the issue is still there or not.
0 Kudos
jillysoya
Level 3

Thanks for ur quick reply.
I contacted Acresso for an update to IA 2008.
After installing it. It worked in one go.

Thanks again.
Cheers!

pv7721 wrote:
I've noticed you're using IA 8.0.1; albeit I couldn't find anything specific in the Release Notes concerning such an issue being fixed in IA 2008 or IA 2008 Value Pack 1, if I were you I would try these two more recent versions in order to see if the issue is still there or not.
0 Kudos
scofus
Level 3

Did anything come out of this thread? I am experiencing the exact same problem.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Scofus, what is your IA version?
0 Kudos
scofus
Level 3

Thanks for responding. I confess I hadn't seen the second page of this thread. I am using IA 8.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

For the other user the issue was resolved by upgrading to the latest IA version.
0 Kudos
mdhorda
Level 3

I currently have the same problem, i.e. the installer quits when i run it if I enable the "Require administrator name and password" option. If I deselect this option, the installer runs correctly. I am using InstallAnywhere 2009 on Mac OS X 10.5.5.
0 Kudos