cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revertej
Level 2

Deactivate language selection

Hello everyone,

Maybe I missed something obvious... But is there any way to deactivate language selection in install anywhere 2010? Or at least to get rid of the English choice?

Thanks,
Jean
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

AFAIK, the language selection appears when you have more than one locale choice.

So in build/build configurations/locales panel of the UI, you need to deselect all but one of the languages.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
revertej
Level 2

jerome_IA wrote:

AFAIK, the language selection appears when you have more than one locale choice.

So in build/build configurations/locales panel of the UI, you need to deselect all but one of the languages.

Hello Jerome,

Thanks for your answer.

Right, I've done some tests and if only one locale is available, the language selection is skipped. There is only one little problem: you can't deselect the english locale 🙂

I tried several other things... For example. overwriting the custom_en file into the "locales" folder of my project, but it doesn't seems to work.

The INSTALLER_LOCALE variable is read-only... So we can't do anything with it.

Maybe setting the locale with the "-l" parameter on the installer could works, but we couldn't enforce it to be called that way, so this is also a dead-end.

Any other idea? 🙂

Thanks
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

I think you cannot get rid of english as it is used as default.

You may try again overwriting the custom_en file but that time, try closing the UI first otherwise it might uncommit your changes.

good luck 😉
0 Kudos