cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuser27
Level 3

Maintenance Mode increases size on hard disk

I'm glad the modify/repair install options were added. One thing I don't like is that the size of my program on the hard disk has nearly doubled. There is a resource1.zip file in the Uninstall folder than contains a copy of all the installed files. Is this resource1.zip file necessary for maintenance mode?

Nick
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Well, logically thinking,yes it is needed: in order to repair an already installed program, the originally files that were used to install the program are needed. For instance, the .MSI (installshield equivalent) are stored in the user settings folder.
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Yes, maintenance mode stores payload and other related information in the Resource1.zip if this is a web installer. In this case, the size increases

If this is a CDROM installer, then it would ask for the CD. In this case the size increases only by a very small amount and is negligible
0 Kudos
nuser27
Level 3

After you select one of the items (Add Features, Remove Features, Repair Product, Uninstall) all of the previous buttons are greyed out. For instance, selecting Add Features, the previous buttons on each add feature panel is greyed.

Two questions
1. Can I control the state of the previous button (enabled/disabled)? I'd like to enable some of them. (Do I need to edit the panel code?).
2. Where is the first Maintenance Mode Panel with the four choices (Add Features, Remove Features, Repair Product, Uninstall) in IA? I don't see it in any pre/post install or uninstall tab.

Thanks
Nick
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi Nick,

The Previous button is only supposed to be disabled only to avoid the user from choosing the add features and then midway, going back and then choosing the remove features option. So after making the choice of add/remove/repair/uninstall, the previous button functionality of getting to the Maintenance Mode panel is disabled. In all other cases the previous button should be enabled.

Answers to the Two questions:
1. Can I control the state of the previous button (enabled/disabled)? I'd like to enable some of them. (Do I need to edit the panel code?).
Answer: You can not control the state of previous button on the first panel after the Maintenance Mode panel.

2. Where is the first Maintenance Mode Panel with the four choices (Add Features, Remove Features, Repair Product, Uninstall) in IA? I don't see it in any pre/post install or uninstall tab.
Answer: This is the panel IA adds automatically when the maintenance mode is enabled

Thanks,
Jiju
0 Kudos