cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulfoel
Level 2

Log file with details of each step

Got an executable that has previously been built with InstallAnywhere 5.5. Got this software too. Looking at the script it seems to run a few batch files and make some registry changes.

We're going to be moving this executable onto a new hardware platform. Is there any way to get it to produce a log file or get it to step through one step at a time to make sure all the installanywhere steps are completed successfully.

Only other way is to manually check the rgistry changes etc which could be time consuming.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

First of all, I hope you realize that IA 5.5 is a really ancient version, and it has been unsupported for years now! I don't know what you mean by moving it to a new hardware platform, but you should be aware of the support range they offered back then:

Architectures Intel x86, Itanium, SPARC, HP, PowerPC, MIPS (SGI), Alpha, Opteron.
Operating Systems Windows (95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, Server 2003), Solaris/Sparc, Solaris/Intel, Linux (RedHat, SUSE, United Linux, Debian, and others), HP-UX, AIX, Compaq Tru64, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, IRIX, Netware.
Java VMs Sun (1.1.8, 1.2.X, 1.3.X, 1.4.X), IBM, Borland, Apple, BEA, and the provided VMs from the vendors listed above.

So for instance they don't support X64, any newer Java version (1.5.x / 1.6.x), any newer Windows version (like Vista, 7 etc.) or any newer Max OS X version...

I no longer have a IA 5.5 version installed, the closest I have is a version 6, and normally, when you open the Advanced Designer with your project you should see in the Project/Info tab (open by default) in the lower part a checkbox called Generate Log During Installation. Checking this and rebuilding will allow the generation of a log file (TXT/XML) which will be created as the last step of the installation (i.e. after the installer has finished or whenever the installer has failed)
0 Kudos