cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanchez_paus
Level 2

Link file extension to launcher

Hello,
I would like to register a launcher as the application to open files of a certain file extension (.llf ).
This way a user could just doucle-click on the files generated by my program and this should open the Launcher ( I guess I would get the file path as an argument )

Is there any "automatic" way to do this in InstallShield so that it can perform all of the necessary changes in the different OSs where my application is going to be installed ( Windows, Linux and Mac) ? Do you know of any scripts that I could use? Which "action" do I have to add to do this?

Thank you for your help,
Alfonso
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

sanchez_paus wrote:
Hello,
Is there any "automatic" way to do this in InstallShield so that it can perform all of the necessary changes in the different OSs where my application is going to be installed ( Windows, Linux and Mac) ?

I think you mean InstallAnywhere right? On Windows you can do this using Registry action (but you have to check the syntax of a .reg file that would associate Open action for .llf with the correct .exe) but I'm not sure this is possible on Linux or Mac (I mean associating an extension with a binary to open it).
0 Kudos