cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ridch01
Level 5

JDBC stored procedure problem

I am using SQL Server 2005 (currently - other databases will likely be supported in the future). I had a problem a while back with my sql script. It had the word GO between statements. To fix it, I replaced the word GO with a semicolon. Worked fine.
Now, I'm adding store procedures. The stored procedures seem to expect the word GO. In fact, I get syntax errors without.
Example:

database stuff;
GO
CREATE PROCEDURE blah @myVal AS
INSERT INTO some_table(val) VALUES(@myVal)
GO

If I remove either of the GO's - I get syntax errors from within Microsoft's SQL Server Manager. But if I leave them in, I get errors from IA"s jdbc driver. Any suggestions? I can use Microsoft's JDBC driver - might have better results.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
ridch01
Level 5

I finally gave up using InstallAnywhere's JDBC driver. I am now using Microsoft's JDBC driver. It is easier to work with and I can pick which phase to use it in (pre-install, post-install). I might get burned later though - not sure how compatible or "open" Microsoft's JDBC driver is.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you're using it to connect to Microsoft's SQL Server I guess you'll be safer using Microsoft's JDBC driver, after all they're supposed to work together. The problems indeed might arise when you'll try to connect to different SQL servers.
0 Kudos
Frenchy
Level 5

Hi, When using Microsoft's JDBC driver, was the JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'? Are there any dependencies that need top be added when using this? I think I need to use Microsoft's driver as well, but I am having trouble adding it. Thanks for any help you could offer.
0 Kudos