cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjandris
Level 5

Installer migrated from 2009 fails to uninstall

I have an installer that was migrated from IA 2009. The Uninstall fails to remove all of the files. This uninstaller works when built and run with 2009, the migration to IA 2010 seems to break it. It only removes the files added in a directory in the install task. It leaves the Uninstaller, the jre and a file in the USER_INSTALL_DIR. I can't figure out what is up. We have about 12 different installers that were migrated, and this is the only one the uninstaller doesn't work. I should also mention it thinks that it worked, no errors. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
gjandris
Level 5

Doing some investigating, I have discovered the problem,
but don't know what the solution would be. There are 3 features to this installer. A, B, and, C. If a complete install is done, they all get installed. If you run the uninstaller and choose complete uninstall, features B & C will get uninstalled, feature A, the uninstaller, and the jre will remain. This was a mystery for a while to me until I added a pre-uninstall panel for choose features to uninstall. If you run the uninstaller again, it will come up and offer feature A to uninstall. If you select that it will remove everything left. If you do a full install and run the uninstaller, choose to select features, and choose them all it will work and remove all. Apparently when complete install is selected feature A is not included. Any ideas why and how I can fix it? Thanks you.
:confused:
0 Kudos