cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shobita
Level 2

Installer for Mac OS X fails to launch

I recently updated from IA 2013 to 2014. With the new version, the installer for Mac OS X fails to launch. It just opens a pop up that says 'installer is trying to install a new helper tool. Type your password to allow this.' (refer attached image)
I have enabled authentication and set the code signing credentials correctly.
InstallAnywhere is installed on a Windows 7 machine and I have been using the previous versions for creating Mac installers with out any issues . With IA 2014 is it mandatory that IA be installed on a Mac machine for creating mac installers?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
shawnsang
Level 3

I also got same issue with you. Waiting for any feedback or solution.
0 Kudos
shawnsang
Level 3

I've resolved the issue.

Set Projects -> Platforms -> authentication as No.
0 Kudos
shobita
Level 2

@shawnsang

That is not an option for me since I need authentication.
0 Kudos
Hemant77
Level 2

I am too facing this problem.

Please provide the solution
0 Kudos
cwerme
Level 2

shobita wrote:
I recently updated from IA 2013 to 2014. With the new version, the installer for Mac OS X fails to launch. It just opens a pop up that says 'installer is trying to install a new helper tool. Type your password to allow this.' (refer attached image)
I have enabled authentication and set the code signing credentials correctly.
InstallAnywhere is installed on a Windows 7 machine and I have been using the previous versions for creating Mac installers with out any issues . With IA 2014 is it mandatory that IA be installed on a Mac machine for creating mac installers?

I'm having the same problem. Looking at the system.log it seems as the problem is "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application"

Does anyone have a solution for this?
0 Kudos
weelyn
Level 5

Did you try to build a very simple setup (one that just creates a dummy file), for comparison? I did this, the simple setup works while the real "big" setup is broken (with the helper tool dialog).

PS: I found that I created the setup with wrong parameters in the "build" panel, I used "Without VM" instead of "With VM". Much better now.
0 Kudos