cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nil_Developer
Level 3

Installer failed to install when size is above 2.5 gb on linux system

We have to install other application with our installer. In order to achieve this, we have included this application our installer which is approximately 2.4 gb.
So our installer size is increased upto 2.5 GB.

I have tested 2.5 gb installer on linux machine but installation complete with below error. Please check attached log for more details.

Install Uninstaller: IBM Systems Director Network Control (Install All Uninstaller Components)
Additional Notes: ERROR - Error installing uninstaller: java.util.zip.ZipException: error reading zip file
ERROR - Failure to install Uninstaller executable: java.lang.NullPointerException

Install File: /opt/ibm/director/NetworkControl/Version_NetworkControl.srv
Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGlq: error reading zip file

I tried on two linux machines but it exited with same error. But same installer is working on windows system. If I removed some folders , installer size reduced upto 1.7 gb and installation completed successfully.

I have checked free disk space on both machine and around 15gb space was available on both machines. Please let if there is known problem with IA.

Note: I am using IA2009SP2, IA_ibm_linux386_32_16_SR3.vm and tried IA_ibm_linux386_32_15_SR5.vm, SunJRE160_00LinuxINTEL.vm. But no luck.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Most likely you've hit the .zip upper limit which seems to be around 2 GB.
0 Kudos
Nil_Developer
Level 3

Thanks for the quick response. You mean to say there is limit for zip file. ie 2GB.
Is there any other way to install?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

It seems that I was wrong and the limitation is 4 GB so it should work... But I've seen similar issues with huge installers... You may want to ask directly the Flexera Software support.
0 Kudos