cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reddy611
Level 6

Installer 64 bit help.

I have a small issue could you please help me on this.

In the choose install set panel I have two features . the features are follows 1) Microsoft IIS 6.0 -32 bit
2) Microsoft IIS 6.0 - 64 bit

First feature will install only in windows 2003 32 –bit Operating system.
Second feature will install only in windows 2003 64-bit operating system. Using the Rules I can able to enable and disable the features in the choose install set panel.

Help need form Acresso:

If I select the first feature in the choose install set (windows 2003 32 –bit),in the choose install folder the installation directory it is showing like this : C:\Program Files.
If I select the second feature in the choose install set(windows 2003 64-bit) ,in the choose install folder the installation directory it is showing like this : C:\Program Files (x86).

Expected result:

If I select the second feature in the choose install set(windows 2003 64-bit) ,in the choose install folder the expected installation directory is : C:\Program Files.

Problem from InstallAnywhere :

In the build if I select with out VM ,the build is working fime with Expected result.
In the build if I select With VM , the build is not working with Expected result.it is coming like this in the choose install panel : C:\Program Files (x86).
As per my requierment VM is required for the installer.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

While looking at installanywhere properties files (installvariable.properties in uninstall folder), I found this:

PROGRAMS_DIR_64=
PROGRAMS_DIR_32=

I guess you have "C:\Program Files (x86)" & "C:\Program Files" respectively.

So setting variable at the beginning of pre-install (if writable) might fix your issue ?

I haven't used it, so I might be wrong !

Jerome
0 Kudos
Reddy611
Level 6

Thnks for your reply jerome..

i will try and let you know it will work or not.

thnks

Reddy611
0 Kudos