cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
generexmp
Level 2

Installation on Macintosh does not use properties file

Hi

I am using InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1 to create an installer for Mac Os X 10.4 and newer.

I have discovered that when I activate the checkbox "Requires an Administrator Name and Password to Install" the installer seems to ignore an installer.properties file that lies in the same folder. It works fine without setting the mentioned checkbox.

What am I doing wrong? I need to install a KernelExtension so I need Administrator privileges. I also need the properties file for silent installation.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
cruelfate
Level 2

In my opionion, IAE is completely unsophisticated in its support for OS X. For example, the "admin check" simply tests if user name is "root", which never ought to be the case for a GUI user. Doh!. The KB article explains how to check if user is member of admin group.

I had to write custom actions and some AppleScript to run sudo scripts. If you're adding Kernel Extensions, you'll need to do something similar .. or make your customer run the installer as root.
0 Kudos
pandyajayn
Level 3

Hi,
I want to retrieve the list of the installed device drivers on my windows machine. Can you please tell me how to get it.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

pandyajayn, please be so kind and opened a new thread for issue, which is a Windows one, so completely unrelated to this OS X one. Thanks! Also, when you'll be doing that, please explain a little what you mean by the list of installed device drivers.
0 Kudos