cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scofus
Level 3

Installation error on a Mac OS XServer machine

I'm trying to help a customer install our product on a Mac OS X server machine, which he has accessed via ssh. We are using IA 8 to generate the installers. The OS X version of the installer does not work for him at all, as it has been conditioned to default to UI mode and as far as I know, there is no way to pass the '-i console' switch. The linux version of the installer works better, in that it defaults to console mode. On our in-house mac mini the linux installer runs to completion with no problem. On our customer's machine however, they get the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.apple.eio.FileManager
at com.apple.mrj.MRJPriv.findFolder(MRJPriv.java:208)
at com.apple.mrj.MRJFileUtils.findFolder(MRJFileUtils.java:171)
at ZeroGrk.a(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.MacOSXDockMF.b(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.MagicFolder.initializeAllMagicFolderPaths(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.j(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.e(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: 39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java: 25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)
This Application has Unexpectedly Quit: Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

I have gotten past this problem by setting '-Djava.awt.headless=true' in the 'Optional Installer Arguments' field in IA. But that approach breaks all our UI-mode installations (Windows, etc).

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Thx!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
loretha
Level 2

How can I download Windows Live for Mac OS X? I have a Mac OS X, and I have MSN Windows Messenger on it; I've been trying to get Messenger Live, but when I try downloading many versions, they're all the same as the version I have. How can I get MSN Messenger Live? Or am I not able to? LINKS WOULD BE GREAT!