cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philippejamet
Level 2

Installation Silent Mode

Hi,
I have a Pre-Install Action with a Rule "Compare InstallAnywhere Variables" : $INSTALLER_UI$ does not equal silent.
When I launch my installer Kit with a response file (silent mode set):
mykit.exe -f myfile.properties
the rule is not taken into account and the action is executed.

Have you an idea? Is it a bug ?
Thanks in advance for your help
PJ

File myfile.propoerties
----------------------
# Mon Apr 29 16:31:46 CEST 2013
# Replay feature output
# ---------------------
# This file was built by the Replay feature of InstallAnywhere.
# It contains variables that were set by Panels, Consoles or Custom Code.

#Choose Install Folder
#---------------------
INSTALLER_UI=silent
USER_INSTALL_DIR=C:\\Toolsets\\TestSILENT

#Choose Shortcut Folder
#----------------------
USER_SHORTCUTS=C:\\Users\\tsysint\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\STM Tools\\TestSILENT

#Install
#-------
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Toolsets\\TestSILENT\\Uninstall_Test_Toolset_2013.1\\Uninstall_Test_Toolset_2013.1.lax=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Toolsets\\TestSILENT\\Uninstall_Test_Toolset_2013.1\\resource\\iawin32.dll=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Toolsets\\TestSILENT\\Uninstall_Test_Toolset_2013.1\\resource\\win64_32_x64.exe=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Toolsets\\TestSILENT\\Uninstall_Test_Toolset_2013.1\\resource\\remove.exe=Yes
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
manzoor_matoo
Level 4

Hi,

When you create a project make sure the silent mode under the "Installer UI" tab is selected. Build the project then install the installer at console as:

Installer name(like install.exe) -f Properties file name.

Please let me know if it helps

Thanks,

Manzoor
0 Kudos
rajarajn
Level 5

Hi,

Command line execution always takes the precedence by irrespective of the designer settings. In your case , designer has that rule "$INSTALLER_UI$ does not equal silent , but "myfile.properties" equal to silent. so later one takes the precedence here.
0 Kudos
iamurvivek
Level 2

Hi,

I am installing in silent mode.
In the installation.properties,I have 2 features as follow.

FEATURE_1=1
FEATURE_2=1

It is installing two features.
Only one feature should install at a time.

Ant one please let me know,How to add costume rules in silent mode?

Regards,
Vivek
0 Kudos
igiguere
Level 4

Hi;

I'm late on this conversation, but just in case it helps anyone else:

philippejamet's file myfile.propoerties shows INSTALLER_UI=silent
But inside the IA code, the actual value of INSTALLER_UI could be upper case, or with upper 'S'. IT could be "silent", or "SILENT", or "Silent". I have seen it happen with "console", so why not "silent"...
This makes it difficult to test on "does not equal": "silent" does not equal "SILENT"

You may have to set a new variable, where you control the exact value:
Set InstallAnywhere Variable - Multiple (I chose "multiple" even for just one variable - it avoids other issues)
$INSTALLER_MODE$ = silent
With rule "Compare InstallAnywhere Variables" : $INSTALLER_UI$ equals ignore case silent

Then, on the other action, the rule would be "Compare InstallAnywhere Variables" : $INSTALLER_MODE$ does not equal silent.
0 Kudos