cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamWS
Level 3

Installanywhere and Java 1.6.0_04

We've got an installation running without a VM which runs fine under Sun's Java 6 (Update 0 through to 3) but when i try to run the installation under Update 4 (on either Windows or Linux, 32 or b4 bit) i get the following error:

Error running install panel: Please Wait
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0-b19"
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0-b19"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.BidiUtilImpl.handleBidiString(DashoA10*..
)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.MnemonicString.(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.MnemonicString.(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgr.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgr.b(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.e(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.m(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgr.b(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.e(DashoA10*..)

This happens before the first panel is produced.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so have you found out what the problem is?

Thanks

Adam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(22) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

To me it looks like a slight change between the way Java version is displayed between 1.6.0_03 and 1.6.0_04. Would it be possible to do a java -version in the two cases and post the result?
0 Kudos
AdamWS
Level 3

For JRE 1.6.0_03 it's:

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)

For JRE 1.6.0_04 it's:

java version "1.6.0_04"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_04-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode)

Lokos like you are right the build has changed from 1.6.0_03-b05 to 10.0-b19, bit strange?

Probably going to need IA to sort, what do you think?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I think that this unfortunate change: 10.0-b19 is essential. It looks like a typo, but also the underscore changed into a hyphen. I guess that in your case the best would be to bundle a VM (like 1.6.0_03) so that your installer will always run with the bundled VM instead of the one installed on the system (which will prevent this error to happen). Of course the drawback to this method is that your installer will be a little bigger.
0 Kudos
TomVercellotti
Level 2

Hi - we have also discovered this issue internally and will be issuing a hotfix shortly (due to a change in the Sun JVM in its java.vm.version system property). For tracking purposes, the issue # is IOC-000068225. Once we have a fix, i will post the location where you can download. This only applies to IA 2008
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

Simply use the java.version system property instead... this shouldn't take so long to release!

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
metasim
Level 2

Anyone figured out a work-around, besides forcing the users to either a) install an older version of java, or b) download installer with VM included? Why does it take so long to get an IA update?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You may want to check this thread for an answer to your last question: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=178296
0 Kudos
meenapanchu
Level 3

Hi
I am facing the same Problem
Do you have a fix for the above problem
The link given in the answer below does not exsist
Can you please guide as to where i can download the fix
0 Kudos
TomVercellotti
Level 2

A fix to this issue is available via KB Article #Q200141 - click here
0 Kudos
dannysporea
Level 2

Installing the Hotfix transforms my licensed InstallAnywhere Standard Edition 2008 into the unregistered Enterprise edition... Any ideas ?
0 Kudos
sudipta
Level 2

After applying the patch we did not have any success. We want a workaround ASAP. Any help will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
quenio
Level 3

It sounds like you have applied the hotfix for the Enterprise edition against the Standard edition. In the KB article for this hotfix, there should be a package for the Standard edition. Please apply that one instead.

KB #: Q200141
KB URL: http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200141&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_HOTFIX_1_1&dialogID=16325498&stateId=0%200%2016323650
0 Kudos
mark_in_gr
Level 3

Has this fix ever been applied? also, when I try to apply updates through the InstallAnywhere 2008 update process in the application, I get the following error:

java.util.zip.ZipException: Wrong Central Directory Signature

Sounds like a bug in Zip in Java, but not sure how to control this? I have the latest jdk(1.6.0_06) on the box running the build. Is there something internal in InstallAnywhere which needs to be set?

The screen shot of the error is attached
0 Kudos
tony_flexera
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

The fix mentioned in this thread will resolve the issue with the 1.6.0_04 JVM and has been applied by other users. As for the issue you are having with Check for Updates, is this consistently reproducible on that machine? When you mention that you have a 1.6.0_06 JDK installed on the machine, do you mean that you are running the InstallAnywhere IDE with that JDK? Finally, if you go to Help > About InstallAnywhere in the IDE, what is listed for the version and build number?
0 Kudos
mark_in_gr
Level 3

Tony,

Yes, this error happens every time I attempt an update through the UI.
What I mean by java version is the java executable being used to start InstallAnywhere is a JDK 1.6.0_06 version. This is also set in my $JAVA_HOME env variable.

The version of InstallAnywhere is 2008 Enterprise. Build # is 3418.

Since this is running on Fedora Core 6, I was wondering if this had anything to do w/Linux zip utilities, unzip, etc.

I can't seem to find anything on the web about this issue. I am able to use zip standalone on the Linux box no problem.

It's a bit frustrating because there is no way to manually upgrade to at least Build # 3428 needed for the Q200141 Hot Fix 3.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
mark_in_gr
Level 3

Has anyone been able to reproduce this issue on Linux? I am at a stopping point as I really need to include JRE 1.6.0_06 in a build and am unable to do so. Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

TomVercellotti wrote:
Hi - we have also discovered this issue internally and will be issuing a hotfix shortly (due to a change in the Sun JVM in its java.vm.version system property). For tracking purposes, the issue # is IOC-000068225. Once we have a fix, i will post the location where you can download. This only applies to IA 2008

Indeed, it looks to be working!
0 Kudos
gchiles
Level 2

Where is the Hotfix for this problem.:confused:
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

gchiles wrote:
Where is the Hotfix for this problem.:confused:

Have you checked the previous pages of this thread? On the 2nd page you've got the link for the Enterprise hotfix and on the 3rd page the link for the Standard hotfix.
0 Kudos
scottM3t4
Level 2

I am also unable to install the update (hotfix 1).
Running InstallAnywhere 2008 Enterprise build number: 3418
During update 1 of 2 I get the follwonig error:

Downloading updated files...
ERROR: Error occurred during download.
An internet communication error occurred. Error Code: java.util.zip.ZipException: Wrong Central Directory signature
Cleaning up...
Error occurred during update!

So I am also stuck and cannot install prerequisites for the java 1.6 hotfix. Has anyone figured out a work around yet?
0 Kudos