cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icubedjbh
Level 2

Installanywhere 6.1 Enterprise and Vista

I am trying to get an existing installer project to work with Windows Vista. I run into the following error when trying to run the installer:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1444)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.priv.AllVolumesMF.b(AllVolumesMF.java:26)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.MagicFolder.initializeAllMagicFolderPaths(MagicFolder.java:200)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.h(LifeCycleManager.java:438)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.g(LifeCycleManager.java:390)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(LifeCycleManager.java:92)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)

After looking at the debug output and adding some of my own, it seems that IA is thinking that Vista is UNIX and fails to get a listing of the drives. Any ideas on how I can workaround this?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

Vista wasn't supported in IA 6.1, the first version that supported Vista was IA 8.0.1. You should upgrade, at least to that version (but then again, Vista support was enhanced on subsequent versions (the most recent being IA 2009)). If this is not an option, the only workaround I might think of is to have the setup run in XP compatibility mode.
0 Kudos