cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaknav
Level 4

InstallAnywhere is trying to create the copy of the project file for Build

I have a project file xx.iap_xml with all the features and components in it. I'm using build.exe to build the project by providing the below command.

build.exe xx.iap_xml +cd -W +WV +HV +AV +LV +SV +NV +U

What I see in the log is like below

INFO BuildInstaller: Asked to load xx.iap_xml
INFO System's temporary directory = C:\Documents and Settings\xuser\Local Settings\Temp
INFO Copying xxBuild.iap_xml. Using copy for build.
INFO Original project unchanged.

I see that the size of the xxBuild.iap_xml is lesser than the original xx.iap_xml project.

When I opened the xxBuild.iap_xml using InstallAnywhere AdvanceDesginer, the compoenents are missing.

My question is,
--> Why is that InstallAnywhere is trying to create the copy of the project file and using it for the build?
--> The log showed the project file is copied but why its not completely copied?

Can anyone faced a similar issue? Please help me in resolving it, as its taking my time.

Thanks & Regards
Jak
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

The fact that IA always copies the project that it builds is by design: if something goes wrong, your original project is preserved. On the other hand the copied project should be identical. Have you checked the diffs between the original project and its copy?
0 Kudos
jaknav
Level 4

The difference that I found between both the projects is the xxBuild.iap_xml file doesnot contain the components.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I mean do a diff original_project.iap_xml copied_project.iap_xml and post the results.
0 Kudos
jaknav
Level 4

My project file is a very big one with 40K lines in it. There were differences of object ref ids, usage of "/" is changed to "\" and the installChildren which I mentioned below.

In Original Project:
//psbldfs/dfs/build/pt/envmgmt/pt850-803-R2/mpis\images\

I'm passing "//psbldfs/dfs/build/pt/envmgmt/pt850-803-R2/mpis" this value through a variable in the original file.

In Copied project file:
\\psbldfs\dfs\build\pt\envmgmt\pt850-803-R2\mpis\images\

In Original Project:

false

false

true

true

\

false

bse

false

false

contains

$SELECTED_SERVERS$

File

contains

$SELECTED_SERVERS$

DB

In copied project file:

In copied project file, there is no starting tag of but it got ended that too with "/" at the end of the tag.

I have almost 200 installChildren in the original project file and it was replaced with in copied project file.

Does it give you any idea?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You're using resources from networked drives?
0 Kudos
jaknav
Level 4

Nope. From the local drive. Actually what I noticed is the Install Speed Folders are missed in Install section of the original project file. And why is that getting missed is not tracable.
0 Kudos
quenio
Level 3

Jak,

The xxxBuild.iap_xml copies are an implementation aspect of the build process that you should not need to worry about.

Are there any actual issues with the installers generated from building your project file? That is not clear in your original post.

Thanks,
Quenio
0 Kudos