cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenma
Level 3

InstallAnywhere Collaboration - problems with ASCII Update Set on UNIX platform

In InstallAnywhere Collaboration, using ASCII Update Set on UNIX platform can corrupt shell scripts that contain any lines with string matching “$....$”.

After using ASCII Update Set, any string matching “$...$” are replaced with empty string.

Has anyone encountered this problem and know of a workaround (within InstallAnywhere Collaboration)?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Well, this is how IA works (and I guess that IA Collaboration does it too): everything between two $ is considered to be an IA variable. So, if you want to replace IA variables, you need to write all $ characters like this: $DOLLAR$, therefore they'll be replaced with the resulting $ characters.
0 Kudos
darrenma
Level 3

Vlad, thanks for your suggestion.

Just for clarification. I'm actually not looking to replace any InstallAnywhere variables within the script. I only want the installer to replace the specific string that I specify, but leave the rest of the script as-is.

If possible, I would like to avoid using the $DOLLAR$ as a workaround. Does anyone know of a way to control this behavior? Or an alternative way (through InstallAnywhere Collaboration) to perform text replacement in a file that doesn't have this side effect?

Thanks.
0 Kudos