cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3X-Man
Level 6

Install step and platform depenency

Hi,

I have an install in which there is are steps that are only for some platforms.
Is there a way to avoid displaying the step for the platforms that do nothing?

Thanks,

X.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Yes, there is. You can simply add Check Platform rules on the actions that you want to be displayed only on some platforms.
0 Kudos
3X-Man
Level 6

I'm afraid I didn't express myself correctly.

I didn't mean "Could I execute an action depending on the platform?".
That would be fix with your answer pv7721.

I meant "Is IA able to not display an install step in the GUI mode depending on the platform?"

Thanks,

X.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

No, it's not possible, the installer steps are global, and their display cannot be prevented for some platforms. But again, as I said, they can be skipped for certain platforms, using platform checks.

If this display problem is such a big issue, maybe some workarounds can be imagined: like having different installers where the single difference is the list of the installer steps, and they both call a merge module that does the actual file installation. The drawback to that is obviously the difficulty in maintaining such a scenario. A second workaround I can think of is the following: you can check (at your own risk) how the list of steps are represented in the .iap_xml file and before building the installer for the platform that steps are not to be present you can patch the file by removing the not needed steps.
0 Kudos