cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushant
Level 3

IS it bug in IA ?????

Hi all

i am using IA enterprise 2009. i am working on windows and making the installer for LINUX (SLES 10).. i need to bundle a VM (jre sun 1.6).

Now the problem is that "with VM" option for LINUX platform is disabled (when working on windows) in the build task..

what should i do to enable it ???

can't i make the installer of LINUX platform by using IA for Windows platfoem when i need to bundle a VM.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Normally, building on one platform should have no influence whatsoever on the platform you need to produce (i.e. you can use IA on Windows and produce only Unix setups). Could you post a screenshot of your Build tab?
0 Kudos
sushant
Level 3

I think it should logically affect reason is ----
Jre is in the path for e.g.

In windows- C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 2009 Enterprise\resource\installer_vms\Sun_JRE 1.6.0_1.8 INTEL

But in Unix- /root/InstallAnywhere 2009 Enterprise/resource/installer_vms/ Sun_JRE 1.6.0_1.8 INTEL

So when u r building the installer for UNIX on windows “with vm”. it can not browse the UNIX’s path i.e. /root/* on windows.

What do u say ???
Am I wrong ???
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Oh I see it now: you need to download the appropriate VM and to put in the IA resource/installer_vms subfolder in order to enable the possibility to use it for building a "with VM" setup.
0 Kudos