cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amusku
Level 5

IA ant Integration takes more time to build

Hi,
I have integrated my IA Build with ANT and it works fine.But the I am facing here is the Build from the ANT takes more time (almost double) comared to that of manual (using GUI)build. Do I need set any more options in the ANT script. Here is my ANT script.

IAlocation="${IA_HOME}"
IAProjectFile="${cvs.projects}/InstallAnywhere/Server/Server_${Release}/Server_${Release}.iap_xml"
Failonerror="true"
BuildOutputLocation="${build.root}/Build_Installers/ApertoBuild_${Release}_${Version}_${DSTAMP}/server"
WindowsVMPackLocation="${cvs.projects}/InstallAnywhere/VMPacks/SunJRE142_14iWin32.vm"
BuildWindowsWithVM="true"
InstallerStdErrRedirect="C:\console.txt"
/>

Please help me in this.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

And how much time does your GUI build take for the double time ANT build really be an issue?
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

GUI takes 10 minutes to make the build, but the same build has been completed in 21 minutes through ANT. Will I be going wrong any where in the settings of ant script options.
0 Kudos
purcellk24
Level 7

I would say that your ant process is building both CDRom and WebInstallers with Windows VM and your GUI is only building one of these or none of these.

In your ant task, try specifying exactly what you want to build and nothing else.
0 Kudos