cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gej5432
Level 3

IA Newbie: Displaying progress bar/messages on AIX in console mode

Hi,

I am new to IA and I am attempting to run a number of "execute command" actions as part of my pre-install. My problem is that I wish to display a progess message while my commands are being executed. The "show indeterminate dialog" does not do anything (although I am guessing this feature is only available in GUI mode) so my only work around is to display a message dialog which requires the user to click OK to continue.

Is there a way to display progress messages in console mode.

Many thanks in advance.

Gareth
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Well, install part should be what its name suggests it is: pure installation. All the questions to the end user should have been answered in the Pre-Install task (i.e. you should not have actions that display messages AND requires user interaction in the installation part).
0 Kudos
gej5432
Level 3

Many thanks for the reply.

My issue is that I want to inform the user when the installer is performing a task which could take a while to complete - I do not want have a blank screen where the user does not know what the installer is doing.

For example, during pre_install I run a number of system checks. At the moment I have to add a message dialog before running the execute command. This requires the user to Click OK to continue. I wish to just display the message with no user interaction.

Current:
=================================================
Running pre-installation checks ...

PRESS TO CONTINUE:

Would like:
Running pre-installation checks ...

0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You've got the built-in Console: Display Action that you can use in the Pre-Install task.
0 Kudos
gej5432
Level 3

I resolved the issue by downloading the "IndeterminateConsole" plugin from

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/installanywhere/files-utilities.htm

Thanks Vlad for taking the time to answer my questions.
0 Kudos
gej5432
Level 3

I managed to resolve my issue by downloading the "IndeterminateConsole" plugin from:

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/installanywhere/files-utilities.htm

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my thread.
0 Kudos