cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnu_yc
Level 3

IA 2008 is not displaying size in Add/Remove programs in windows 64-bit

Hi, I am using IA 2008 VP1 standard. When i install my exe it will be installed succesfully. But when i check in Add/Remove programs, "Size" will be empty.

Please let me know how to display size in Add/Remove programs for windows 64-bit machine
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Are you using IA 2008 or IA 2008 VP 1? I've just tried to install a setup on Windows 64 and there was no size missing issue... but my IA 2008 is VP 1 (and Enterprise).
0 Kudos
cnu_yc
Level 3

I am using IA 2008 VP1 Standard.

I will get "size" in Add/Remove programs for windows 32-bit machine.
But problem is with windows 64-bit machine.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

As I said, I've tested on a Win64. Then, you didn't specify which one: Win XP 64, 2003, Vista, 7, 2008? Does this happen on more than one 64 bit platform?
0 Kudos
cnu_yc
Level 3

Thanks for reply...

Problem is with Windows server 2008 64-bit machine.

I am not sure about the remaining 64-bit machines. I have only one platform to check.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Again, is this Windows 2008 or Windows 2008 R2?
0 Kudos
cnu_yc
Level 3

Sorry for not being clear

I am using "Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise"

and creating installer using "InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1 Standard".
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Ok. What you should know is that due to the fact that IA 2008 R2 was not available by the time IA 2008 VP1 was released, I'm afraid that IA 2008 VP1 supports only Windows 2008 and not Windows 2008 R2. You may want to try and download a newer version, rebuild your setup and try to see if you reproduce the issue.
0 Kudos
cnu_yc
Level 3

Thanks for reply

I have downloaded "InstallAnywhere 2010 Enterprise SP1" and built installer using "Basic Project Template" for Windows.
I installed it in "Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise" successfully.
But in Add/Remove Programs, "Size filed is Empty".

Found some stuff while R&D

If I create new registry key with
Name: EstimatedSize
Type: REG_DWORD
Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\$PRODUCT_NAME$

It is displaying some value in "Size" field.

I tried to place $REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$ value into above said registry key, but it is displaying null. Also tried to display $REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$ value in "Display Message Panel" after "Installation Summary Panel", but the value is null.

I found that $REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$ is of type "String"

Is it of type "String"?
How to get exact value of "$REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$"?
How to convert that value into Hexadecimal using "InstallAntwhere 2008 VP1 Standard"?

Am I missing something? or Is there any way to display "Size" field in "Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise"?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

What is funny is that I have this automatically without putting anything in any Windows registry entry.
0 Kudos