cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dong_Y_B_
Level 3

How to specify bundled vm location via ant property

Hi,
I am using AntTask to build installers for different platfroms, following is my xml file contents:

IAProjectFile="${IA.MINING.PROJECTFILE}"
BuildOutputLocation="${IA.OUTPUT}"
BuildWebInstaller="false"
BuildCDROMInstaller="true"
failOnError="true"
OverrideAllPlatformSettings="true"
InstallerStdOutRedirect="C:\IALog.txt"
InstallerStdErrRedirect="C:\IALog.txt">

false
true
Release
${IA.VM}

I am trying to use ${IA.VM} to specify vm location (use "-DIA.VM="vmname"" to define the property from command line). But it throws out error message "Adding other errors: Error finding Linux VM pack. "${IA.VM}"; Build using IA_ibm_linux386_32_15_SR5.vm (IBM JRE 1.5 SR5 (x386-32bit)".

I have added the directory where VMs is in to IA's VM Pack Resource Paths. And If replace ${IA.VM} with VM's name, it will work fine.

I can not set all VM names via properties like LinuxVMPackLocation, HPUXVMPackLocation and so on, because I need to build installer for Linux32, linux64 and zlinux but there are only two properties LinuxVMPackLocation and NamedUNIXVMPackLocation available.

Thanks,
Y.B.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

I guess are using InstallAnywhere 2010 ?

I opened an issue to IA 2010 support regarding similar issue (it was working in 2009 versions) related to ".properties". Looks like there is same issue with ".xml" properties file.

also check this post: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=192518

To workaround this, I removed the ".vm" from properties file and used the one set in the user interface for each platform. Maybe you cannot do this for 32/64 bit ?

Regards
0 Kudos
Dong_Y_B_
Level 3

Hi,
I am using IA2009SP1. Yes, you are right, I can not use VMs specified by UI for 32/64 bit. If that is the case, the only workaround for me is to copy certain Vm to a folder and make sure it is the only correct VM for target platform. Then IA can pick it up itself...
Thanks,
0 Kudos