cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlane5512
Level 2

How to set Windows Path Variable in IA

I am new to IA and Have version 2009. I see the Set Evironment Variable action step, but I can not get the installation to add my value in the value line to the Windows Path (environment variable). I am obviously missing something very trivial.

Please tell me how to set say "C:\Program Files\One" appended to the Windows Path variable.

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What settings are you using? If you use "PATH" as the Variable Name, "C:\Test" as the Set Value To setting, and option "Append to existing value", does anything happen? Is the action attached to a feature or component that's being installed? How are you verifying whether the variable has been set?
0 Kudos
ivenkata
Level 6

🙂 Please add the "Set System Environmental Variable" action in the "Install Phase" Name the Variable Name as "MyVar" and set the value to anything user prefers to ex: "C:\Program Files\Neel"

Select any of the Variable setting actions

say for example i select the "Append to existing Value"

Now move to the "Post-Install" phase and add the "Refresh Windows Environment" Action which will refresh the Windows Environmental Variable.

Now Build and proceed with the installation.....Your Variable is Now being set successfully....:);)
0 Kudos
jlane5512
Level 2

Thanks for the assistance. It works
0 Kudos
nileshrathodn
Level 6

ivenkata wrote:
🙂 Please add the "Set System Environmental Variable" action in the "Install Phase" Name the Variable Name as "MyVar" and set the value to anything user prefers to ex: "C:\Program Files\Neel"

Select any of the Variable setting actions

say for example i select the "Append to existing Value"

Now move to the "Post-Install" phase and add the "Refresh Windows Environment" Action which will refresh the Windows Environmental Variable.

Now Build and proceed with the installation.....Your Variable is Now being set successfully....:);)

I need to Refresh the Environment Variable during Install Task as I have to use Install Action which are not available in post install task.

Can you guide me how this can be done, please?

Thanks & Regards,
Nilesh Rathod.
0 Kudos
mariusfeneru
Level 2

dont know man.....sorry......