cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voyager1983
Level 4

How to extract installer to non-template folder

Hi all,

I want to extract the installer into non-template folder.

I looked up on website, and found the following instructions:
(the url is http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q000181&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_INFO_1_1&dialogID=17971523&stateId=0%200%2017969982)

"If the installer does not prompt to select another location on UNIX systems, the IATEMPDIR variable may be set from the command line to specify an alternate temporary location. The Launcher always checks to see if this value is set, and if so, will use this value. If IATEMPDIR is not set, then the default ( /tmp) will be used. On Windows systems, the installer uses the %TMP% variable to discern its temp space."

I created an install.properties file and writed "IATEMPDIR=D:\tempdir\" into that file. Then I executed installer with command ".\install.exe -f .\install.properties" , it takes no effect.

Did I make something wrong?
If I wants to add IATEMPDIR in the commandline, what parameter can I added?
Where can I get the list of parameter of installer of IA?

Many Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I believe IATEMPDIR is an environment variable and not an IA variable, and so you would set it in the environment with export or setenv or the like, and not in that properties file; please see for example KB article Q000180.
0 Kudos
voyager1983
Level 4

YEAH, that refers to UNIX platform, How about windows? I tried to set IATEMPDIR in windows console, but it doesn't work.

Normally what should we do in windows xp?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Right-click on My Computer, then you choose Properties, then Advanced, then you click Environment Variables, and you add it in the System Variables section.
0 Kudos
djall_ibm
Level 3

doesn't work either when you use the control panel or directly set it in a shell.

There must be another way..

God I hate these inconsistencies...
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you could not set it on Windows, then it must be a Unix only variable (and this old post confirms it: http://community.zerog.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=4885faca3dbbffff;act=ST;f=13;t=5062;hl=iatempdir )
0 Kudos
djall_ibm
Level 3

now it works...

under Windows you have to use TMP instead of IATEMPDIR
0 Kudos
ramasahu
Level 2

I built installer for linux ( .bin ) and as well as for java installer. When we set the IATEMPDIR=/xyz on linux. The Linux (.bin ) installer works as expected ( INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR points to /xyz ) . But the jar installer does not work when we set IATEMPDIR=/xyz on linux, the INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR always points to /tmp. Even tried to set java.io.tmpdir to /xyz it did not work.
0 Kudos