cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijji123
Level 6

How can i provide dynamic values to silent installer

Hi,

I am preparing a silent installer.My silent installer needs to take some dynamic values(i.e Based on the server condition up or down it should behave). Like this i have dependency on three or four dynamic values(which needs to be decided during run time). How can i provide these dynamic values to silent installer.

Thanks
Vijji123
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
vijji123
Level 6

Any Help???
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Hi,

My Question is how to check pre-requisites by using silent installer.For example by using GUI, i can put a check and show a dialogue box and exit from the installation.I want same functionality by using silent installer.

How can we check that condition and exit from the installation and log a error message.

Please help me out.

Vijji123
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi,

your posts had two questions.

Question 1 :
how to check pre-requisites by using silent installer and print appropriate messages.
Answer 1:
You can write custom code which can write this information/error to a log file or to the sys.out or to the sys.err. You can put a rule to this custom code only to execute this action only when your prerequisite fails.

Question 2:
How to pass dynamic values to the silent installer?
Answer 2:
You can try to put this into a properties file and then try to invoke the silent installer using
./install -i silent -f
The key values that are given must be resolved to IA variables.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jiju
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Thanks, for your reply. It is working.
0 Kudos