cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alecjoe
Level 3

How can IA install a bunch of dependent RPMs?

😞 My case is : I have 3 rpms in redhat , they are A ,B and C. And A->B->C, means C depends on B, and B depends on A. The installation sequence should be A, B and C.

My questions is:
1) How can I define the dependencies or install sequence?
2) I know there is an "Install RPM" action, but how can I uninstall them in the reverse sequence(C,B,A)? coz I didn't find an "Uninstall RPMs" action.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

For the 1st question I guess the easiest way would be to use three times the Install RPM action in the order you need. On the other hand, if the equivalent uninstall action doesn't exist, you can always use to execute a rpm -e some.rpm command, again in the desired order.
0 Kudos
bobdux
Level 4

I had the same issue myself (3 rpms) and decided to wrap the rpm install in an execute script action. I would like to have had a single rpm install action for all 3 rpms, but couldn't figure out if it was possible.

The nice thing about rpm dependencies is that if you have the 3 rpms, then you can simply:
rpm -i a.rpm b.rpm c.rpm

The rpm process will figure out the inter-dependencies on its own and leave you out of it.

HTH
0 Kudos
alecjoe
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
For the 1st question I guess the easiest way would be to use three times the Install RPM action in the order you need. On the other hand, if the equivalent uninstall action doesn't exist, you can always use to execute a rpm -e some.rpm command, again in the desired order.

Thanks so much!
But that's not very convenient indeed.:(
I just want to know what is the dependency component means in the wizard.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly. Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot (as usually the wizard is not used too much, just for maybe quickly create a demo project).
0 Kudos
alecjoe
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly. Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot (as usually the wizard is not used too much, just for maybe quickly create a demo project).

Attach some snapshots.

I created a project from the dependency template and opened it from the Advanced Designer. In the attachment pic, there is a "RequiredComponent" which confused me much. How IA use it to check the required dependency? Its type : This compent must already be installed.

My case is: I need to check dependency for another rpm which muste be already installed, such as glibc-XXXX.rpm, before the installer install my specific rpms. How can I achieve that goal using this dependency mechanism?

BTW, I use the default dependency template create an installer. But the dependency is always failed and pop-out a warning window(see the attachment)

Thanks for your quick replay 🙂
0 Kudos