cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

Hi i have a requirement where in i need to read the install set choosen

hello,
i have a requirement in which i need to read the choosen install set and basing upon which i need to display some panels and install the files at the location as specified by the user input panel and this is what i am doing:
These steps are done in the preinstall task

I gave a choosen install set
and basing upon which i gave a user input panel and the rule i gave is :

IF $CHOOSEN_INSTALL_SET$=$TYPICAL$

or
if $CHOOSEN_INSTALL_SET$=$MINIMAL$

and so on but whenever i clicking any of the install sets these panels do not appear ,can anyone suggest me the way out of it.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

Use for example the following rule:
$CHOSEN_INSTALL_SET$ "equals" Custom
Custom does not need any $ around!
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hello,
I tried to add a rule to the get the user input advanced in the pre install task and added a rule as :
$CHOOSEN_INSTALL_SET$ equals Minimal
and added the rule to a file also in the install task
but it does not deploy the file nor does it give me the user input advanced
Would anyone suggest me the way out.
I have a requirement in which i need to display the get user input advanced
basing on a rule (if choosen install set equals minimal) in the pre install task and basing upon which i need to install the files in the right places and if the user chooses typical set these user input panels in the pre install task need not be displayed.
So everything is dependent on the choosen install set variables ,suggest me some way out of it .
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

When someone helps you, you should take the time to read the suggestion very carefully... if you do, you will probably find your second error!

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
purcellk24
Level 7

Also, use the "Output Debug Information" step and select the InstallAnywhere variables. That should tell you what variables are set to which values. Then you can write your rules to match.
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

Hello ,
By your suggestion i solved that issue and i want to know one more thing if similarily i can compare "Selected" to check if the user selected a particular radio button.
And one more issue at disposal when i click on the NOVM it gives me an alert message saying please select another location to extract the installer to.
How do i solve it
0 Kudos