cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonia93
Level 3

Getting java.lang.Exception

While installing in windows in GUI mode, I am getting the following error :

Install Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\XXX\somefolder\MyProductName\uninstall\
Additional Notes: ERROR - java.lang.Exception: Failed to create directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\XXX\somefolder\MyProductName\uninstall\
All Install Actions Beneath this Action have not been installed.

Install Action: InstallAnywhere Variable
Additional Notes: ERROR - Install Parent 'uninstall' failed!

Though this is not happening on other windows system with same configurations. Its giving this error only on this system :confused: . Can anyone help ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Look like an issue with a 32 bit installer in a 64 bit environment (from the installation path).
0 Kudos
sonia93
Level 3

I have bundled a 32-bit jre with the installer which should work on a 64-bit machine. Earlier when I used IA 2009, it always worked on 64-bit machine with 32-bit jvm but now it is not working any more. Could 'Program Files (x86)' be causing any problem ?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

What is the JVM version? Was anything changed in your installer before it stopped working?
0 Kudos
sonia93
Level 3

No , nothing was changed in the installer's JVM...not even the version. Also on the same machine, earlier it used to work and suddenly it stopped working...It could be due to some settings changes in the windows system ? I guess java installed on that windows should not matter as we bundle our own JVM with the installer.
0 Kudos