cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwarnke
Level 2

GUIAutomationFixture waitForPanel() method not detecting custom panels

Our product is using IA 2010 SP1 Enterprise as its installer and the developers have created some custom install panels (as opposed to using IA's panel's). I am attempting to develop some install automation using the GUIAutomationFixture class that comes with IA. One of the methods in the GUIAutomationFixture class is waitForPanel(String title). This waitForPanel() method works perfectly with IA's panels. However, this waitForPanel() method seems to have issues "detecting" our custom panels.

I Googled this issue and came across this link:

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q200141

From what I can tell, other people encountered this same problem in IA 2008 and Flexera issued a HotFix. I am assuming that IA 2010 SP1 contains that IA 2008 HotFix...thus I am stumped as to why I am hitting this same problem again.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this? Is my assumption that IA 2010 SP1 contains the old HotFix incorrect? Or are there "requirements" for coding custom panels such that the waitForPanel() method will "detect" them correctly?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

dlw
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

While what you say makes perfect sense (it is most logic that a HotFix on an older version be incorporated in newer version), who knows how IA is developed (and this might have been missed). Unfortunately, only someone from FlexeraSoftware can tell for sure... so you would need to talk to support.
0 Kudos