cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdshahul
Level 4

Forcing the installer to check for extra disk space

Hi,
In my installer initially the required disk space is 800MB which IA checks for but I want 10GB space for the complete installation to be done since the installer creates new EAR files & initially IA is not aware of this.
Tried to increase the required disk space by setting the variable $DEVELOPER_DISK_SPACE_ADDITIONAL$ to 10GB but it is not working.
Have anyone used this before?

Thanks
Md
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Quoting from the IA manual:

$DEVELOPER_DISK_SPACE_ADDITIONAL$ This variable specifies an arbitrary additional value, as a string representing the additional bytes, that the Check Disk Space action will add to the computed required disk space for the installation. By default this variable has a value of zero. Developers may set this variable.

10 GB = 10,737,418,240 bytes

Have you set $DEVELOPER_DISK_SPACE_ADDITIONAL$ = 10737418240 and it didn't work?
0 Kudos
mdshahul
Level 4

Yes.That is how I set the install variable.Am I doing anything wrong in my implementation?
All I have is a SetInstallAnywhereVariable where $DEVELOPER_DISK_SPACE_ADDITIONAL$ =100000000000.
0 Kudos
mdshahul
Level 4

The developer disk space variable worked finally!!Thanks!
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

How? Why didn't it work the first time you tried?
0 Kudos
mdshahul
Level 4

I was thinking it would force me for 10 GB at the start.But only when I clicked the Install Button,it checks for the 10 GB space.I din realise this first time..
0 Kudos

Under which directory it looks for the required space ? can we specify the directory also ?

Is there a way to look for disk quota also ?

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for your post.

Here is my response to your reply:

Under which directory it looks for the required space ? can we specify the directory also ?

[IAN]: The installer only checks the $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ directory. If you update $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ that would influence which directory the installer checks. The installer checks the given file system, partition, etc. for required and free disk space.

Is there a way to look for disk quota also?

[IAN] No, not currently. We are aware of this issue, but currently there is no support for this.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos