cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnsgeek
Level 2

ExtractToFile Issues With Source Path

I'm evaluating InstallAnywhere 2012 to create a Linux installer for an application. Prior to install, I need to extract a file from the installer archive and run that file. This file is a file that will eventually be installed to $USER_INSTALL_DIR$, so it's included in that section through an "Install from Manifest" action. The manifest entry for the file contains a path relative to $IA_PROJECT_DIR$ since my source installation files are located outside the IA project directory (re-architecting this is not a possible solution for me).

The problem is that I can't seem for the life of me to get the ExtractToFile_Source path entered properly so that it will extract this file to the temp folder. I've tried every permutation I can think of and have tried every suggestion I've found on these forums. The only way I've gotten this to work is placing the file in the project directory, putting it under $DO_NOT_INSTALL$ in the Install section, and then using the path $DOLLAR$IA_PROJECT_DIR$DOLLAR$$/$myfile. However, this is inefficient as it forces me to include the file in my installer twice. It's already in the installer archive once. Why can't I extract it?

Any advice you provide would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jungek
Level 2

Similar issue here. I need to run a exe during pre-install. So I put the exe in $DO_NOT_INSTALL$, and added the ExtractToFile plugin with the following options:
Source - $DOLLAR$IA_PROJECT_DIR$$/$
Destination - $INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR$$/
When I run the installer, I get com.zerog.ia.customcode.util.fileutils.ExtractToFile.install() runtime exception. If I put my exe in the installer temp directory manually during installation, the exe is accessed by the installer via "$INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR$$/" call so I know my destination is OK. What is wrong with my source? Why can't I access my exe using ExtractToFile plugin?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
0 Kudos