Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerome_l
Level 3

Evaluation Of InstallAnywhere 2020

Jump to solution

Hi,

As I do not have any valid support contract, I'll post my finding there.

I just downloaded InstallAnywhere 2020 for evaluation, but my built linux installer cannot be launched:

install.bin: 3579: //Fix: not found
install.bin: 3580: //: Permission denied

Launching installer...

JRE libraries are missing or not compatible....
Exiting....

By checking the generated installer, some comment lines are starting with / instead of # ... fail

# Checking Java Version and adding Java-9 module illegal access switch only in case of Java-9 and above.
# Chances are this options may be removed in the next major release.

debugOut "Using VM version -> $usingVmVersion"
extractVMVer=`echo $usingVmVersion | cut -c1-2`
if [ "$extractVMVer" != "1." ] ; then
debugOut "Java 9 or higher version detected. Adding module access switch."

isJava9AndAbove="TRUE"
//Fix for WO IA-20048 Adding JVM param to disable default uiScaling
// of Java 9 and above
java9Options="--add-opens java.base/jdk.internal.loader=ALL-UNNAMED -Dsun.java2d.uiScale.enabled=false "
options="$java9Options $options"
fi

I then tried altering the file (replacing / with #), but it is then seen as corrupted...

Let's hope there will be fix soon ...

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jerome_l,

Thank you for your post.

My understanding is that you are evaluating InstallAnywhere 2020. Please make sure to register for your free 21-day technical support for your evaluation, as long as you haven't evaluated InstallAnywhere 2020 before. After you register for your evaluation support, could you please make sure to open a support ticket for troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks,

Ian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jerome_l
Level 3

Just to clarify, the incorrect comments are unrelated to the crash ... I mistakenly selected an incorrect java version.

So error seen with "//" has no other effect than printing errors in console.

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jerome_l,

Thank you for your post.

My understanding is that you are evaluating InstallAnywhere 2020. Please make sure to register for your free 21-day technical support for your evaluation, as long as you haven't evaluated InstallAnywhere 2020 before. After you register for your evaluation support, could you please make sure to open a support ticket for troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos

Those random two "errors" are not limited to IA2020. We are seeing the same problem with IA2018SP1, on Linux only.

line 3569: //Fix: No such file or directory
line 3570: //UI: No such file or directory

Similarly, this doesn't actually stop the install from proceeding but it is cause for alarm. Any idea why this is?

0 Kudos

Thanks, I activated the evaluation support and reported it as Case Number 01947723

Regards

Jerome

0 Kudos

I am seeing the same issue after applying the 2018 Hot Fix

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallAnywhere-Knowledge-Base/InstallAnywhere-Hotfix-for-InstallAnywhere-2018-SP1/ta-p/98469

How can I reference Case Number 01947723 which has been open according to this message thread?

Should I open a new case for the 2018 product?

0 Kudos