cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Error while launching IA v9.5 and IA v10.0

Hi
I am getting the following exception while launching IA v9.5 and IA v10.0.

java.lang.NullPointerException
*at isus.ProfileManager.profileSetValue(Unknown Source)
*at isus.AgentEx.profileSetValue(Unknown Source)
*at isus.Agent.profileSetValue(Unknown Source)
*at com.zerog.ia.designer.update.UpdateFacade.a(DashoA10*..)
*at InstallAnywhere.main(DashoA10*..)
*at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
*at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
*at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
*at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
*at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
*at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)

Can anyone please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

On what platform does this happen? Have you tried to update you IA installation(s)?
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
On what platform does this happen? Have you tried to update you IA installation(s)?

Well.I have the license of IA v9.5 and IA v10.0 for solaris version.So when I try to launch the IA from my linux the software itseld doesn't launch and give the above mentioned exception.I am not able to open IA because of this exception
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Vikram Gosain wrote:
Well.I have the license of IA v9.5 and IA v10.0 for solaris version.So when I try to launch the IA from my linux the software itseld doesn't launch and give the above mentioned exception.I am not able to open IA because of this exception

Ok, so you have both these versions installed on a Solaris machine, correct? Then what exactly do you mean launching them from "your linux", do you mean that from the Solaris machine you've exported the display to your Linux workstation or did you mean something else?
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
Ok, so you have both these versions installed on a Solaris machine, correct? Then what exactly do you mean launching them from "your linux", do you mean that from the Solaris machine you've exported the display to your Linux workstation or did you mean something else?

Vlad
When I said linux ,I meant Solaris.Sorry for the typo.

All I am trying to do is launch the IA software from the solaris machine but getting these ProfileManager exception's.The display variable is also set.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Ok, so you're directly logged onto the Solaris machine? How have you installed your IA? Maybe as root? And you're using your own user in order to launch them?
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

No.I am the root.Actually what happens is that we have a separate solaris server where the IA main copy is installed and then multiple users use the swrap license and each user works on their own client IA software.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Oh, so you use a License Management server or something similar?
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Yes.
Can you please help me with the exceptions I am getting.?.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm sorry but I'm not at all familiar with this setup, so I urge you to contact the Acresso Software support. Meanwhile, what I can think of is the following: has it ever worked or not? If yes, think of what you've might done that could have broken it (an update? a firewall?)
0 Kudos