cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomas_N_
Level 2

Error after InstallAnywhere 2010 Enterprise SP1 update

Since the installation of the InstallAnywhere 2010 Enterprise SP1 it's not possible to build our setups - created under InstallAnywhere 2010 Enterprise.

3 different Installanywhere-setups for 3 different Products are broken.

This is the Errormessage we get when trying to build any of our product-Setups.

Preparing to build......
Build failure: The uninstaller should be associated with InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component
Build failure.
Reason: The uninstaller should be associated with InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component

Suggestion/Details: Please associate the Uninstaller (Create Uninstaller Action) with the "InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component"

Does anybody know how to handle this issue? We can't find the option Uninstaller Action or are aware of any Uninstall Component

Regards,
Thomas
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
mbernstein
Level 2

I'm seeing the same thing, both with a project first created with IA2010, then with a new project created from IA2010 SP1. It seems like the Uninstall Component is present by default when first creating the installer, but at some point of adding things to the project the component gets unassociated with the actual uninstaller. The uninstaller is still present in the project, and I also tried removing the uninstaller and then creating a new one with the Create Uninstall action (this action doesn't show up if you already have an uninstaller in the project).

Just adding a "me too" here, if anyone figures out a solution please let us know.
0 Kudos
sumankg
Level 3

I got around this by doing the following:

Create component "InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component" it will have a shortname "Install"

Go to Install section, and select your Uninstall$PRODUCT_NAME$ and place a check to the right under the newly listed "Install" component short name (assuming the Assign to Components is shown). This should select the Uninstall$PRODUCT_NAME$ folder and and all its subcomponents.

Build, and error is gone.

I figured this out by modeling what InstallAnywhere created in a basic vanilla installer. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Thomas_N_
Level 2

sumankg,
thank you very much for your solution!

We are glad that our setup-projects are working again.

Thank you
Thomas
0 Kudos
erikbrooks
Level 3

I just upgraded to SP1 and I'm facing this issue now. on 3 of four projects, we don't have this issue, and on the other we do.

Sumankg tells us to "Create component "InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component" it will have a shortname "Install" - but I find that this component already exists there. I also see an exclamation point next to it's icon. The working projects have this component, with no exclamation. The working projects also have a component key file defined, and the non-working one does not - it says ', and that is non-updatable, as far as I can see.

When I go to the Install section, then Uninstall$PRODUCT_NAME$ is present in the working Installers, and is not present in the non-working one. How do I get it there?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Ripu_Daman
Level 2

When I tried building the same project with IA 2009 it was building fine but when I tried upgrading to IA 2010 SP1 it started giving me below
error

This error can be resolved by performing the below steps

Go to Organization -> Components then if you are able to see "InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component" then note down the "Short Name" of the same, if not able to find "InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component" then same needs to be created.

Go to Install section, and select your Uninstall$PRODUCT_NAME$

Then at top you must be seeing one drop down box where you need to select "Components".

Then check the radio button for the "Short Name" of "InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component" at the right of "Uninstall$PRODUCT_NAME$.

[buildinstaller] Adding other errors: The uninstaller should be associated with InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component
[buildinstaller] Build failure: The uninstaller should be associated with InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component
[buildinstaller] null
[buildinstaller] Closed.
[buildinstaller] The uninstaller should be associated with InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component
[buildinstaller] Please associate the Uninstaller (Create Uninstaller Action) with the "InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component"
0 Kudos
rmilbrath
Level 3

0 Kudos