cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ERROR: InstallAnywhere 2014 (SP1 Premier) Incomplete installation

InstallAnywhere provides an executable(Build.exe) which runs the installer build process from the command-line.

I was able to use this file without any problems until i tried to update the JRE provided with the InstallAnywhere application. That's what i did:

I used Build.exe to build my installer
I noticed I had some annoying java related warnings during the process(console output)
After a little research I came across a solution that offered to update the included JRE (Ver. 1.7) in the InstallAnywhere root folder.
I replaced the JRE with a more recent version (1.8)
Since then I get the following error only when Build.exe is used. The InstallAnywhere GUI works just fine.

The error: VidMate AnyDesk https://mobdro.onl/download/

This is an incomplete installation of InstallAnywhere 2014 SP1 Evaluation.
Because of this error I can't use Build.exe anymore even though I'm using a licensed version of InstallAnywhere 2014 Premier.

This error message won't go away no matter what I do, I tried to:

restore the original JRE
Reinstall InstallAnywhere
Supplying the license again (License server)
What's causing this error? How can i fix it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DrPsyche
Level 3

You need to check the folder preferences. It turns out that the InstallAnywhere may save hidden file/files in the user folder. And while you may not see them, these files are not deleted while you proceed with uninstalling process. So you need to make a copy of the preferences (you may use the essay maker tool) and then delete the folder. Try to install it again.
0 Kudos