cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achus999
Level 3

Disk space information variables return empty value

Hi,

I need to show the disk space information in pre-install summary panel. As a pre-install Summary Panel, I am using Scrolling Message Panel with HTML format. To get the disk space information I have used the IA variables. $REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$ and $FREE_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$.

[HTML]
Disk Space Information (for Installation Target):
Required : $REQUIRED_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$
Available : $FREE_DISK_SPACE_BYTES$
[/HTML]

When I run the installer, I'm not getting any value in these variables. How can I resolve this issue? Is there any alternative to get the disk space information?

Thanks & Regards,
Achu
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Hi, the Pre-Installation Summary Panel can automatically show this information.
0 Kudos
achus999
Level 3

Thanks for your reply!

But I cannot use the default pre-install summary panel. Because I need a different look and feel for the summary panel than the one which we get from the pre-install Summary panel given by IA. I think, i cannot customize the default pre-install summary panel to meet my requirement.

Is there any alternative to get the disk space information?
Why these variables return empty string? is it a usage problem?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The only reason I could see comes from the manual:
The variable gains its value immediately before the installation of any files or folder listed in the Install task.

So you need to have this panel as the last one in the Pre-Install task.
0 Kudos
achus999
Level 3

Yes. This is the last panel in pre-install phase.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Can you post your project (or a mockup project of what you're trying to achieve)?
0 Kudos
achus999
Level 3

Please find attached project
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, if your installer doesn't bundle anything, maybe that would be the reason?
0 Kudos
achus999
Level 3

In my sample project,i bundle a folder($IA_PROJECT_DIR$\install\winscp). I have used install speed folder action to install this folder (winscp) in to the user install directory. I think this is how we bundle files.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Yes, but when I ran your example I didn't have SCP so the final installer contained nothing.
0 Kudos
achus999
Level 3

I have uploaded the project again with some changes(removed .exe files from the zip). Please check it.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I don't know for what reason, but the two variables seem not to be available at that moment: I've set an Output Debug Information right before your panel and the two variables are missing from the output...
0 Kudos