cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spatel11
Level 3

Directory Chooser - when is the value available?

For my installer, I have built a dialog in the Pre-Install section, using the standard Get User Input -Advanced panel. In that I am using a Directory Chooser component to allow the user to select a folder where the product should be installed. The value is stored in IA's $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ variable.

Right below the Directoy Chooser component, I have a Label component whose value is set to $USER_INSTALL_DIR$\subComponent - with intention that the user can see where sub-components will be installed.

When I run the installer, the Directory Chooser shows the default install location, and so does the label. However, when I select a custom location, the value of the label does not change. I have to navigate to the next panel and come back to this panel to see the changed value of the label.

How can I use the value of $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ right away after the user selects the custom location?

Regards,
Shailesh.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
rajarajn
Level 5

Hi,

Add "Set InstallAnywhere Variable" action with the variable "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$ of the corresponding value , prior to the Get User Input panel.
0 Kudos
spatel11
Level 3

rajarajn wrote:
Hi,

Add "Set InstallAnywhere Variable" action with the variable "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$ of the corresponding value , prior to the Get User Input panel.

Hi Rajarajn,

As you see in the screenshot, there is not way to add the "Set Install Variable" action from the IA's built-in panel. Can you please shed some more light?

Thanks and regards,
Sam.
0 Kudos