cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddhabald
Level 3

Custom Code for Silent Installations

Hi,

How can I add a custom code for Silent Installation ?
For GUI installation we can use the action Execute Custom Code in the general tab, for console installation we can use the same in the Console tab, however we do not have any option for silent installation.

Is there a way we can have the a custom code executed for a console installation ?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

All custom code is executed in silent mode, unless it's a Custom Panel or Custom Console.
0 Kudos
qjvictor
Level 4

so how to deal with Custom Panel or Custom Console in Silent mode?

I have a custom panel and console, after creating the silent properties file, I found selections I made on custom panel and custom console are not recorded.

any solution?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The only solution is to take care of the variables that are filled by Custom Panels by setting them in the installer.properties file.
0 Kudos
qjvictor
Level 4

no other solution? you said 'only'

is it a new feature IA would consider to add later?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I think that this works as designed: as Custom Panels / Consoles that would normally be displayed during interactive setup are not displayed and executed in the silent mode, the resulting variables must be filled somehow. I think in newer IA versions you have the Always Generate Response file, which would generate the installer.properties file.
0 Kudos
qjvictor
Level 4

it is a big problem for us now.

in our custom code, we have some custom java codes to check the user's license to determine what kind of modules the user has permission to install, it works perfect in non-silent mode, but in silent mode, the custom code is skipped, and the user now has no permission to install any module although he has a full license.

any solution for this situation?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

As I was saying before, if your Custom Code is a Custom Panel / Console, you would need to rewrite it outside of a the Panel / Console, so it won't be skipped in silent mode.
0 Kudos