cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polosheng
Level 5

Could [Product Name] be changed in a Patch project?

By using installanywhere2012, we have created a base installer for ProductA1.0, the version of it is 1.0 .
Now we want to create a patch for ProductA1.0 depending on the installanywhere project file of ProductA1.0.
The version of the patch should be 1.0.1, we know how to change it in the project.
In this patch, we also want to change the product name from ProductA1.0 to ProductA1.0.1.
When we change the value of [Product Name] from ProductA1.0 to ProductA1.0.1 in [Project -> Info -> Product Name],
and install the patch installer, the following two entries are displayed in [Add or Remove Programs]:confused::
ProductA1.0
ProductA1.0.1

The expected result is only ProductA1.0.1 should be displayed.

Do someone know how to change the product name in a patch with only new product name displayed in [Add or Remove Programs]?
Or is it possible to change the product name in a patch?

Any comment will be appreciated, thanks.
Polo
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Nipul_Patel
Level 3

For patch versions, you can change Install title with patch version and keep product name same. Rest during install action you can added shortcuts with patch version....
May be this can help.

polosheng wrote:
By using installanywhere2012, we have created a base installer for ProductA1.0, the version of it is 1.0 .
Now we want to create a patch for ProductA1.0 depending on the installanywhere project file of ProductA1.0.
The version of the patch should be 1.0.1, we know how to change it in the project.
In this patch, we also want to change the product name from ProductA1.0 to ProductA1.0.1.
When we change the value of [Product Name] from ProductA1.0 to ProductA1.0.1 in [Project -> Info -> Product Name],
and install the patch installer, the following two entries are displayed in [Add or Remove Programs]:confused::
ProductA1.0
ProductA1.0.1

The expected result is only ProductA1.0.1 should be displayed.

Do someone know how to change the product name in a patch with only new product name displayed in [Add or Remove Programs]?
Or is it possible to change the product name in a patch?

Any comment will be appreciated, thanks.
Polo
0 Kudos
polosheng
Level 5

Thank you for your comment.

In Project->Advanced, I found the [maintenance mode] setting.
If I check the [Enable Maintenance Mode support] option and change the product name from ProductA1.0 to ProductA1.0.1 in a patch project,
after the patch installer is installed, only [ProductA1.0] was displayed in [Add or Remove Programs].

So I think in my case, maybe [Enable Maintenance Mode support] is the resolution.
0 Kudos