cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CinVVL
Level 5

Change icon

Hi,

Is there any way to change the icon shown in the attached image.

Thanks,
CinVVL
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

The icon can be changed by altering IAClasses.zip file in the resource folder under IA Installation path.

The icon should be the com\zerog\ia\installer\images\iaIcon.png

You will not find any entry from flexera site excepted that one: http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/INFO/Q000049

--Jerome
0 Kudos
CinVVL
Level 5

jerome_IA wrote:
Hello,

The icon can be changed by altering IAClasses.zip file in the resource folder under IA Installation path.

The icon should be the com\zerog\ia\installer\images\iaIcon.png

You will not find any entry from flexera site excepted that one: http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/INFO/Q000049

--Jerome

Hi Jerome,

Many thanks for the reply!
But I am unable to fix this.. 😞 I replaced the iaIcon.png with some other image in the zip file and built the project.
I ran the setup and found no difference.. Can you please help me.. I am not sure where I am going wrong!

Thanks in advance!!
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hi,

Maybe you should try to do the same change in the IAClasses.zip located in the root installation folder of Installanywhere where you are building.
Having both:
IAClasses.zip
resource/IAClasses.zip

should do the trick.

Let me know if this help.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
CinVVL
Level 5

jerome_IA wrote:
Hi,

Maybe you should try to do the same change in the IAClasses.zip located in the root installation folder of Installanywhere where you are building.
Having both:
IAClasses.zip
resource/IAClasses.zip

should do the trick.

Let me know if this help.

--Jerome

Thanks a lot for the quick response.
I tried this as well.. but did not help..

Later, I changed the installer icon from the UI. And it got fixed now 🙂
Thanks again!!
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Yes, you're right if IDE & building is made on windows ... but I'm surprised it didn't worked that way as the default path link to com/zerog/ia/installer/images/iaIcon.png.

Building on linux requires to have the IAClasses altered.

Regards

--Jerome
0 Kudos
CinVVL
Level 5

jerome_IA wrote:
Yes, you're right if IDE & building is made on windows ... but I'm surprised it didn't worked that way as the default path link to com/zerog/ia/installer/images/iaIcon.png.

Building on linux requires to have the IAClasses altered.

Regards

--Jerome

One more issue I have, please help me..
When I revert back to default icon by clicking Default button available in the UI, the path updates to the default one.
But when I build the setup, instead of getting the default icon, I get the one which I have given the last time.
Is there any cache to be cleared to get rid of this. please let me know.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Either you still have the IAClasses.zip files modified and so the iaIcon.png is the wrong one.
Or as you said this is cache issue so you have to restart InstallAnywhere before building.
0 Kudos
CinVVL
Level 5

jerome_IA wrote:
Either you still have the IAClasses.zip files modified and so the iaIcon.png is the wrong one.
Or as you said this is cache issue so you have to restart InstallAnywhere before building.

I restarted and tried to build.. but no luck..
I am sure I reverted the IAclasses.zip file.. I have the original one..

Amyway.. thanks for the quick response!
0 Kudos
m8winn
Level 2

CinVVL wrote:
Thanks a lot for the quick response.
I tried this as well.. but did not help..

Later, I changed the installer icon from the UI. And it got fixed now 🙂
Thanks again!!

how to replace
0 Kudos
EthanMISKIFY
Level 2

Well I already have a Customize tab in Documents properties, but no option to change the icon at the bottom of the window. I tried merging those .reg files anyway but no change. :s
0 Kudos