cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcelo
Level 3

Cannot start InstallAnywhere on XP

I am getting an exeption when I start IA2008. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still same problem. The installation finishes successfully. Is there a log file that can have mroe information???
Here is the error message when I try starting IA2008

:mad:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

What is your OS status (up2date)? What is your OS language? What about yous username (any funny characters in it)?
0 Kudos
Marcelo
Level 3

Windows XP Pro SP2 and english is the language. Iam logged in as Administrator.
IA was working until I ran a command line build and the build failed because I ran out of disk space. I cleaned up the drive and now I have this problem.
IA is installed on a secondary drive on my system e.g. F:\IA2008
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

What exactly do you mean by a secondary disk? Is it a local partition or a network mounted one?
0 Kudos
Marcelo
Level 3

Its another physical drive on my system.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You said that this occured when a build failed because of disk space being filled. Has this happened on the partition where IA is installed or on a different partition (the system partition?) Have you reconsidered uninstalling then reinstalling IA?
0 Kudos
Marcelo
Level 3

It happened on the same partition where IA was installed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Is there a log file we can look at? The output to the console is here:
cwd: F:\IA2008
cmd: "F:\IA2008\jre\bin\java.exe" -Xms25165824 -Xmx134217728 -classpath "F:\IA20
08\resource\image_defaults;F:\IA2008\resource;F:\IA2008\resource\compiler.zip;F:
\IA2008\IAClasses.zip;F:\IA2008\resource\linking.zip;F:\IA2008\resource\update\u
pdate.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\build;F:\IA2008\isus\us.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\dim\
dim.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ice\ib6core.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ice\ib6access.jar;
F:\IA2008\resource\ice\ib6extra.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ice\ib6http.jar;F:\IA2008
\resource\ice\ib6js.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ice\ib6https.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\i
ce\ib6ntlm.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ice\ib6swing.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ice\ib6uti
l.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ice\ib6xalan.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ice\icessl.jar;F:\I
A2008\resource\ice\ui.jar;F:\IA2008\resource\ibm\os400\jt400Small.jar;F:\IA2008\
resource\commons-codec-1.3.jar;F:\IA2008\lax.jar;" com.zerog.lax.LAX "F:/IA2008/
InstallAnywhere.lax" "C:/Documents and Settings/Admin/Local Settings/Temp/laxB5.
tmp"
LAX Version = 9.0
IAResourceBundle: create resource bundle: en
Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. Thi
s application will now exit. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.StringTokenizer.(StringTokenizer.java:182)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.IAStatement.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.IAStatement.(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.util.ZGDesignTimePathManager.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.util.ZGDesignTimePathManager.c(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.util.ZGDesignTimePathManager.b(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.util.ZGDesignTimePathManager.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.util.ZGDesignTimePathManager.initialize(DashoA1
0*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.RegistrationInfo.d(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.RegistrationInfo.b(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.RegistrationInfo.(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGfs.h(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGfs.g(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGfr.f(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGfr.a(DashoA10*..)
at InstallAnywhere.main(DashoA10*..)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)
0 Kudos
bjfrary
Level 4

Look at your custom_* files. Do they look like they are a reasonable size? I had this problem that they were corrupted and some of them grew to over 200 megs when they should have been 28 K.

If you don't have translations done for them already you should be able to delete them.
0 Kudos
Marcelo
Level 3

I am not trying to open any projects. I am just trying to get IA to start and I see this problem. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Marcelo
Level 3

ALELUIA! phew!!! Problem finally solved....

I had to delete the InstallAnywhere system folder under
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\InstallAnywhere

Now IA starts and I can see my project again.... 🙂
0 Kudos
AdamWS
Level 3

Marcelo, i am getting the same error on a W2k3 server i've looked for a System folder unuder my installanywhere user directory but can't see one.

i'm looking under c:\documents and settings\me\installanywhere\90 is that where you looked?

Thanks

Adam
0 Kudos
Marcelo
Level 3

It's a system folder and you won't be able to see it unless u set the windows folder options to show system hidden files and folders.

From windows explorer click on tools -> folder options ...-> View tab
0 Kudos
genleo
Level 6

Hi all,
I've the same problem on UNIX!

This is the machine configuration:

System = SunOS
Release = 5.10
KernelID = Generic

Any help?

Gennaro