cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manikandanc
Level 3

Ia 2009 Sp2

What is the platform detection string that we should use to detect Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server R2?

I tried creating a project that displays messages on these two platforms. When I ran that project on these two platforms, I didn't get those messages.

Can anybody help me out?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Is this the same setup as the one you referred in your other question? If the answer is yes, then the issue might be the fact that you do not bundle any VM... as IA bases its decisions on values returned by the VM...
0 Kudos
manikandanc
Level 3

Actually, we are bundling an older jvm with the installer. Will try with a latest VM.
0 Kudos
manikandanc
Level 3

This is a separate installer altogether.
0 Kudos
lipforia
Level 2

I have encountered a similar problem.
We use Check platform rule where we list all supported platforms.
The Windows 2008 R2 should be now also supported but it doesn't work with SP2. Even if I set Windows(all) it then always says running on unsupported configuration and quits.
It worked on SP1. We bundle 32b 1.5 JRE with the installer (all bundled applications are 32b).

I have already created an incident for it since it's quite important for the next release of our product.
I will update this thread when I get any response from IA support.
0 Kudos
brieck
Level 3

Any word from support? I'm a little leery of upgrading to sp2 because of this issue.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you want an answer from support, you should ask directly (i.e. not on these forums).
0 Kudos
lipforia
Level 2

It should be addressed, but for now I don't have any further info how exactly.
However you can workaround it by specifying directly the supported platform strings (e.g. "Windows Server 2008" for W2008).

But it's quite strange, I assume there was some bug (or feature 🙂 ) in SP1 so that it was working on this OS with other platform string. Or the rule didn't work at all (we test only on supported platforms).

I asked at least for better description of the predefined values and the exact matching criteria for this rule but no answer to that so far.
0 Kudos
manikandanc
Level 3

We have written our own c code to detect the platform 😞
0 Kudos
sunilj20
Level 3

manikandanc wrote:
We have written our own c code to detect the platform 😞

Can you please elaborate?
I have set the settings to Windows (all). It works on Windows Server 2008 SP2 but not on Windows Server 2008 R2 :(:(
0 Kudos