cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenEyedRacer
Level 3

Cannot set LAX property to a variable

I am trying to set the lax.stderr.redirect property for the LAX file that you create for my LaunchAnywhere action. I am doing so via the "Edit Properties" button of the "Create LaunchAnywhere for Java Application" action.

My problem is that I want the LAX file to contain:
lax.stdout.redirect=$prop.java.home$$/$logfile.txt

as I can edit the LAX file after the fact to that same value and it currently picks up the user's home directory. But when creating the installer the variable keeps getting evaluating so I end up with:

lax.stdout.redirect=/home/joey/logfile.txt

which means I cannot have two people share the same installation.

I tried:
lax.stdout.redirect=$DOLLAR$prop.java.home$DOLLAR$$/$logfile.txt

but again it seems to get evaluated when creating the LAX file so the variable is essentially lost. I even tried this:

lax.stdout.redirect=$DOLLAR$lax.nl.env.HOME$DOLLAR$$/$logfile.txt

with the same resultant problem.

Is there anyway to get the variable written into the LAX file without it being accidently evaluated?

Joey
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
GreenEyedRacer
Level 3

I still need a solution to this problem.

GreenEyedRacer wrote:
I am trying to set the lax.stderr.redirect property for the LAX file that you create for my LaunchAnywhere action. I am doing so via the "Edit Properties" button of the "Create LaunchAnywhere for Java Application" action.

My problem is that I want the LAX file to contain:
lax.stdout.redirect=$prop.java.home$$/$logfile.txt

as I can edit the LAX file after the fact to that same value and it currently picks up the user's home directory. But when creating the installer the variable keeps getting evaluating so I end up with:

lax.stdout.redirect=/home/joey/logfile.txt

which means I cannot have two people share the same installation.

I tried:
lax.stdout.redirect=$DOLLAR$prop.java.home$DOLLAR$$/$logfile.txt

but again it seems to get evaluated when creating the LAX file so the variable is essentially lost. I even tried this:

lax.stdout.redirect=$DOLLAR$lax.nl.env.HOME$DOLLAR$$/$logfile.txt

with the same resultant problem.

Is there anyway to get the variable written into the LAX file without it being accidently evaluated?

Joey
0 Kudos