cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saravanachamy
Level 2

Cannot create file under C:\windows\system32 directory

Hi All,

We are using IA-2008 SP1 to bundle/install our application. One of the requirement is to create a file under C:\windows\system32 directory. We have a separate batch (.bat) file to create this file and we are executing this in IA during the course of installation. But the file is not getting created under the system32 directory. When we execute the batch file separately, the file is getting created successfully. We are not sure as to why the file is not getting created under system32 directory when the operation (batch file execution) is done through IA.

Has anyone faced this problem in the past and resolved? Please share your thoughts on this. That will be very helpful for us.

Regards,
Saravana
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
saravanachamy
Level 2

I want to add more information to the problem scenario explained in the above post as I thought this would give some clue for you all to help me.

The file creation which I talked about in the above post is actually done using a VB script (.vbs) program. This VBS file is being executed in the batch file (using cscript command). IA executes this batch file.

Please help me. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
john100
Level 2

Thanks - I had not. (Not sure why I didn't find that thread when I was looking before posting my original message - I have the worst luck when it comes to using forum search engines.)
That thread appears to describe my exact issue. If I don't follow up on this post, you can assume the hotfix took care of my issue.
0 Kudos